Veggie sushi is nourishing, delicious, and super FUN to make. Packed with fiber, antioxidants, healthy fats, protein, vitamins, and minerals, it’s an antioxidant powerhouse.
It makes for a perfect meal or snack, any time of day.
To mix things up, experiment with different veggies and ingredients. Instead of rice, try quinoa. Throw in some organic protein, extra roasted veggies, or some cooked produce. The combinations are endless.
Once you get a hang of how to roll them, you’ll be shocked how quickly these rolls come together. Literally no time at all. See the step-by-step instructions below.
If you have any questions or give it try, let me know in the comments below or tag your photo @feedyourglow, hashtag #feedyourglow on IG. Happy rolling!
Nori is a sea veggie that’s loaded with iodine, which is critical for supporting your thyroid, protein, vitamins A, B, C and E, iron, magnesium and more calcium than most dairy products, by weight.
2 raw sushi nori sheets
1 cup sprouted brown rice or quinoa
Chopped veggies, thinly sliced (carrots, red cabbage, broccoli, greens, cucumber, pickled veggies, roasted veggies, etc)
1 avocado, sliced
½ cup hemp hearts
Top with sesame seeds (optional)
Use a sushi mat or a thick towel with plastic wrap to help roll.
- Prep your veggies – slice and place them to the side.
- Using your fingers, gently pat a thin layer of rice over the nori sheet. Dip your fingers in a small bowl of water before to help with the sticking.
- Arrange the veggies and avocado parallel, toward the edge of the nori sheet (at the bottom 3/4 of the rice), closest to you.
- Add your greens and/or sprouts on top.
- Gently take the edge of the nori sheet with all the filling and fold it over until the veggies are covered and tightly tucked in. Then start rolling.
- Use a tiny bit of water to seal the edge.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the roll and set it aside.
- Arrange them on a plate or platter and serve immediately with tahini tamari sauce, pickled ginger, and some wasabi.
TAHINI TAMARI SAUCE
3/4 cup tahini
½ cup water
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons tamari (or soy sauce)
1-2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon fresh ginger
1 fresh garlic clove
1) Blend all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth and creamy.